The Ultimate List of the
Web’s Best Spring Cleaning Resources
Spring cleaning should be broken up into 8 different but very important chapters. Each chapter contains the best tips available on the web. From getting motivated to start, all the way to maintaining a good habit, this guide has you covered.
Chapter 2: How to be organized with spring cleaning checklists
Chapter 3: How to ensure you have everything you need
Chapter 4: How to finish in half the time by getting help from family
Chapter 5: Avoid being stuck asking yourself whether you should throw or keep
Chapter 6: Breeze through with ease by following step-by-step instructions
Chapter 7: Create an awe inspiring home with these brilliant organisational ideas
Chapter 8: How to avoid spring cleaning again!
How to get motivated and restore your home to brand new again
Before we begin, we need to have a clear plan.
Below are some fantastic pages to get your mind, body and equipment ready for the big clean.
- How clutter affects your productivity (and what you can do about it)
- Tips for decluttering your house
Preparing your mind
- 7 psychological benefits of spring cleaning
- Need some motivation right now? Read this immediately
- How many calories do you burn doing house chores
- The ultimate spring cleaning plan
How to be organized with spring cleaning checklists
Now that your mind is in the right place, and you have all the necessary equipment, you need to think about where you plan to clean.
Below are some of the best checklists and spring cleaning ideas that you can either refer to or print out to help you along.
Printable checklists for you to tick off as you go along
Thorough checklists so you don’t miss a spot
- The ultimate spring cleaning checklist
- A thorough spring cleaning checklist
- Spring cleaning checklists room by room
How to ensure you have everything you need
Having the right products to use is half the battle.
You’ll save a lot more time if you have everything you need before you begin.
Below are resources of what equipment you should have, as well as some that you can make yourself.
- The list: 7 must-have tools in my spring cleaning arsenal
- Spring cleaning: how to make it fun, organized, and easy
How to finish in half the time by getting help from family
If you are looking to clean your entire house, it is likely that it will take a whole day, or maybe even a few days.
Perhaps it is time your husband or children rolled up their sleeves and started helping!
Below are some of the best tips to that going.
How to get your children to help
How to get your husband to help
- The art of dadliness: how to get your kids to do their chores (and why it’s so important they do them)
- How to get your husband involved in housework
Listening to music
Avoid being stuck asking yourself whether you should throw or keep
You will inevitably find that as you start cleaning and tidying your wardrobes and cupboards, you’ll be faced with tough decisions on what to keep and what to throw away.
It just so happens, the decisions are not that difficult.
You just need to follow a formula.
What to keep, and what to throw away?
- 5 questions: deciding to keep or purge
- When should you get rid of clothes?
- Marie Kondo, “the life changing magic of tidying up” – talks at google (youtube)
What can I donate?
- How to donate to goodwill
- What baby items can be donated
- Do’s and don’ts of what to donate to charity
Breeze through with ease by following step-by-step instructions
Having a checklist will give you an idea of what areas will need to be cleaned.
But in order to get the most out of our time, here are some of the best step-by-step instructions on the most important areas to be cleaned.
- Cleaning your oven without hard scrubbing
- So, I organised my refridgerator
- How to disinfect your sponge and clothes in 2 minutes
- How to clean an oven with natural oven cleaner
Create an awe inspiring home with these brilliant organisational ideas
What good is cleaning your whole house if you can’t appreciate the hard work afterwards?
Here are some absolutely brilliant ideas on brightening up the look of your home.
- How to stack 7 books 7 different ways
- 10 clever interior design tricks to transform your home
- Interior design tips from experts
- Spring clean your garden tools
- Spring cleaning your garden – getting your garden ready to grow
- How to organize your garage
How to avoid spring cleaning again!
You have done extremely well to get this far already. Pat yourselves on the back!
Now take a deep breath and ask yourselves, “Do you want to do this again next year?”
Training your kids
- How to keep your house clean with kids
- Getting kids to clean up (youtube)
- 5 daily habits for a tidy house with kids